Live Your Dreams Without Drama
Here are a few things I've learned along the way to a successful retirement:
1. Love of Money is the root of all procrastination. When your heart says go and your body says enough already, listen to its wisdom. I've interviewed a lot of people who chose early retirement over the golden handcuffs. Not one of them regrets missing out on the promised cash flow. The ones who waited often regret the lost years they could have been building the life of their dreams while they still had time.
2. Your Negative Imagination is out to get you. When you find yourself justifying why it's not that bad, or you can tough it out, or at least it's a paycheck...step away from the drug of achievement and look your soul in the eye. If you have to defend an action or inaction, it may be time for a change.
3. And I Love That I had the opportunity to work closely with Kyle Cease last year. Kyle is a comedic transformational speaker and New York Times Best-Selling Author of "I Hope I Screw This Up". His authenticity and unique approach broke through my defenses in a way that brought me back to the life I longed for but had ignored for too long.
4. Meditation isn't Magic, but magical things happen when you do the work of listening to that still, small voice within. We were born with an inner guidance system and then trained not to listen to it. Consider how much of your paycheck goes to distract you from the feelings that come from doing what you don't want to do every day. You may not need as much money in retirement as you think.
5. Find a Mentor you can relate to who is able to lead you past your fear to the heart of your soul because they have navigated that personal transformation themselves. That is where your freedom lies. There are a lot of coaches happy to take your money and deal with your symptoms of distress. What you need is a soul surgeon. Don't stop until you get the best match for you.
Kim Halsey is an entrepreneur living in the leap from the life she was programmed to live into the life of her dreams.