And if it is, where do you think it's going to take you?
Is that where you really want to wind up?
If not, the time to change your course is now. While there is still time.
The What If Game
What if you could do anything you wanted to do with your time, energy and resources?
What if nobody would think any less of you if you pursued that dream?
What if you could wake up every day so thankful that you get paid to do what you love?
What would it take for you to make a change?
I have often worked in male-dominated fields: law enforcement, healthcare, and even manufacturing. One of the ways I tried to fit in was to be one of the boys. I thought if I somehow disproved the theory that women are emotional, it would garner their respect.
Still it was a no-win. It was inauthentic for me, and it was exhausting. Over time, I had trouble separating my work face from my home life. 'Kick ass and take names' is not the preferred approach when trying to develop trust and intimacy with people you love.
Next time we can talk about how to know when to stay and when to go - at work, at home, or in love.
It's SO worth it! (no charge)
The most successful people do five simple things.
Every day. Rinse & Repeat.
1. Wake up early. Between 4:30 and 6:00 am usually.
2. Exercise. Doesn't matter if it's yoga or running. It clears the cobwebs and gets your blood moving again.
3. Meditate. Take time to acknowledge the vastness of the universe and your role in it.
4. Eat a good breakfast. Fuel the body, feed the brain, and forget about it until lunch.
5. Plan your day. Envision the top 3 things you need to accomplish, make a mini-action plan to get started on the first one.
Imagine the results of a focused, productive day. Feel those feelings and move forward. In certainty. Into action.
I am an entrepreneur living in the leap from the life I was programmed to live into the life of my dreams.